Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bullied

Do you ever feel bullied when you are in a sandwich line?  Im talking any kind of sandwich line (GDH, Springs, Subway...) anything that you have to tell the person what you want on your sandwich.  I DO.  I always feel pressure when im in line to get things on my sandwich that they ask if I want on it.  Im a plain kind of gal when it comes to eating sandwiches, i like them plain and dry... just meat and cheese.  So when it comes my time in the GDH sub line i always freak out.  Every time I tell them no I dont want mayo or mustard on my sandwich they look at me like im crazy, the same happens when they get to the veggies.  I always feel as if I should get something extra and just take it off when I get to my table, but I cant bring myself to do it because it would be wasteful.  Im torn inside and feel the pressure weighing down on me.

I think this feeling of pressure finds its root in my sin of people pleasing.  I always want to make others happy and do whatever I can to make them think higher of me and not be disappointed in me.  I pray that I can be so satisfied in Christ that it wouldnt matter what others are thinking about me, that God would be the only one that I look to in all situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment